Design, build and FLY your own mini-drone!
The workshop begins with students investigating the basic principles of flight by designing, creating and flying (and crashing) paper planes.
These aeronautical skills are then applied to the creation of their very own mini-drone. Fire Tech’s Junior Drone engineers will discover how to design and build a Quadcopter or Hexacopter drone using Lego-like construction parts, circuits, motors and their wildest creative imaginations.
Students learn to apply their newly discovered STEM skills in a fun, friendly, team-building environment with the advantage of using the latest cutting edge tech.
Come prepared for an awesome day of experimentation, creative thinking and critical problem solving, all leading to some soaring sky-high successes (and often some hilarious crashes).
Do you ever wonder..
How does a drone hover still in the air? What are the different parts of a drone called? How are these Fire Tech tutors so cool and ridiculously knowledgeable?
The answers to these and so much more will be discovered at our Learning to Fly – Junior Drones 2 holiday workshop. Book NOW!
What students will learn
This holiday workshop covers topics including:
- Understanding the fundamental principles behind what makes things fly
- A tutor-lead journey through the electrical components of constructable mini-drone circuits
- Practicing drones-safety principles
- Hands-on drone piloting practice
- Resilience and problem solving... get ready for lots of fantastic crashes!
- Lots of fun, creativity and STEAM based activities
Please note we regularly update our kits with the latest tech and workshop drones may not be the exact same colours as pictured. Drones (Tweens) students fly lego-like contructable mini-drones with a physical controller, E.g RCTech Block Drones.
Fire Tech's drone kits will remain with our tutors at the end of the workshop. You can continue the learning journey by purchasing your own kit for home here. Loved the Junior Drones holiday workshop and looking for the next step?
Get creative with tech in our Video Game Design or Vlogging for Gamers holiday workshop.
What will students take home
- A fantastic creative-tech experience
- A Firetech Certificate
- How to build and fly drones!
- New ideas and big smiles :)
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.