Calling all aspiring pilots, it’s time to take flight!
Are you a paper plane aficionado? Intrigued by helicopters? Captivated by aeroplanes? Delirious about drones? We have the perfect holiday workshop for you!
Starting with the basic scientific principles of flight, students design and make their own paper planes. By testing and re-testing (read: flying and crashing) our paper models, students learn, understand and apply the physics of flight.
With this mastered, students move on to the really cool bit – piloting their very own mini-drone. Students have the opportunity to apply their newly discovered STEM skills in a fun, friendly, team-building environment with the advantage of using the latest cutting edge tech.
Led by our expert Fire Tech tutors, students are encouraged to test the boundaries of aeronautics and ask ALL their burning questions about flying, such as…
Why do drone propellers spin in opposite directions? What is a ‘Quadcopter’? and, When can I enrol in the next Fire Tech Drone course?
The answers to these and so much more will be discovered at our Learning to Fly – Drones (Kids) holiday workshop. Book NOW!
Suitable for Age 6 – 9. Also available Learning to Fly, Higher! – Drones (Tweens) for Ages 9 – 12.
What students will learn
This holiday workshop covers topics including:
- Understanding the fundamental principles of what makes things fly
- Practising drones-safety skills
- Hands-on drone piloting practice
- Resilience and problem-solving... get ready for lots of fantastic crashes!
- Heaps of fun, creativity and STEAM-based practice
Please note we regularly update our kits with the latest tech and workshop drones may not be the exact same colours as pictured. Junior Drones students fly mini-drones with a physical controller, E.g DIY Kogan Drone kit.
Fire Tech's drones kits will remain with our tutors at the end of the workshop. You can continue the learning journey by purchasing your own kit for home here.
What will students take home
- A fantastic creative-tech experience
- A Firetech Certificate
- Big Smiles and New Ideas :-)
- Lots of flight practice
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 6 and 9 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.